Monday 2 March 2015

Playing with Light

Our class has become interested in light and shadows thanks to our new overhead projector centre. The students love creating designs on the overhead and figuring out what will show up in colour and what will be black. Today we went into "the dark room" across the hallway that does not have any windows. We turned off the lights and used flashlights to explore light. Here are some things we noticed:
- I noticed that when I covered the light with my hand, my hand turned red!
- When you go close to the wall, the light gets smaller.
- When you go far away from the wall, the light gets bigger.
- When I put my hand in front of the light, I can make shadows.
- Light goes in a straight line.
- I wonder why I can see my blood when I put the flashlight on my hand?

This is what we look like with light from above.

Playing light tag.

Our red hands.

We look spooky when we are lit from below!


No comments:

Post a Comment